After getting the lumber, I had a fair amount of milling to do. Then I also had to laminate quite a few pieces together, to get the thicknesses I needed. Once all that was done, I was able to start the actual build. I’m starting with th...
|View Mike Lingenfelter's:||home||workshop||projects (9)||blog (32)||reviews (13)||forum topics (12)||buddies (11)||favorites (3)||activity log|
465 posts in 2482 days
Location: Bothell, Wa
Latest Activity | view all »
|commented on||Chevalet Build #2: Starting the build||18 days ago|
|added blog entry||Chevalet Build #2: Starting the build||18 days ago|
|commented on||Sawstop Cartriges Bad Deal #1: Replacing Cartridges Constantly||35 days ago|
|commented on||Sawstop Cartriges Bad Deal #1: Replacing Cartridges Constantly||37 days ago|
|commented on||Chevalet Build #1: Getting the lumber||59 days ago|
|commented on||Chevalet Build #1: Getting the lumber||61 days ago|
|added blog entry||Chevalet Build #1: Getting the lumber||61 days ago|
|commented on||Chevalet De Marqueterie||73 days ago|
|replied on||Chevalet Clubhouse.||222 days ago|
|commented on||Jigs and Fixtures #1: Planer Sled||633 days ago|
|commented on||Building The Holtzapffel Workbench #12: Big screws, no wait HUGE screws.||725 days ago|
|commented on||Building The Holtzapffel Workbench #15: The Finished Bench!||764 days ago|
|commented on||Sawbench||961 days ago|
|commented on||Sawbench||1104 days ago|
|commented on||Planer Sled||1456 days ago|
Latest Projects | view all 9 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 32 »
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted here on LumberJocks, but because there seems to be interest in the Chevalet here, I thought this would be best place to chronicle my Chevalet build. I decided to pick up a Chevalet kit from Patrick...
Well it was a longtime coming but I have finished the bench. I’ve been having an issue getting the main face vise to operate smoothly. It worked just fine when I had it mocked up, but once I added the final chop it was grabbing and binding. It ...
After finishing the mockup of the face vise, I was now ready to do it for real. I started by gluing up a couple piece of oak for the main chop. You saw me use my new planer sled to mill the two large faces flat. I used the mockup to locate and ...
As part of my workbench project I needed to mill up a somewhat large piece of lumber for the main chop on my face vise. It was larger than my 6” Jointer could handle. I needed to find an easy way to mill the 2 large faces. I have been wanting t...