|Workshop by Kevin||posted 10-24-2007 07:30 PM||1635 reads||1 time favorited||2 comments|
click the marker to see the address
Brief description, I will add to later.
My shop is 28’x32’. It has a double garage door on the east along with a small bathroom. It is not completely a wood shop alone, but I am doing everything possible to keep the cars and lawn equipment out.
I was planning on expanding this summer with a lean-to off the back side 18’x32’ to store wood in. The wood I have in the wife’s garage now, not a suggested storage spot. But, like many of us, the economy has taken its toll and through the layoffs and pay reductions, we have decided to just sit on the “tool fund” money and wait to see if the economy improves before adding on.
Major Tools thus far (still in the acquiring process and am always looking for good used stuff):
- Delta Unisaw (with almost complete 8’x8’ outfeed/side feed table
- Porter Cable routers (4) with the speedmaster mounted in a cast iron wing on my table saw (I love it)
- Ridgid Table Saw
- Dewalt 12” sliding compound miter saw
- 18” Jet Bandsaw
- 12” Kitty jointer (Yes, that is right, a 12” jointer)
- 22” Grizzly planer with carbide head (the only head to have)
- Grizzly floor mount drill press
- Delta benchtop drill press
- 6.5hp, 60gal Campbel Hausfeld air compressor
- Dust collection system
- Jet belt/disc sander
- Powermatic 10/20 drum sander
- Porter Cable nailers
- Kreg jig – also love it
- Basically every 18V cordless Dewalt tool ever made
- Misc other power tools and hand tools.
Pictures and Sketch Up drawing to come later.
-- Kevin, Wichita, Kansas