Since I changed my mind on the design and had to get new hardware, it only makes since that I would have to make some new pieces. I first tried sitting the plastic slide portion in the front legs and the pin in the gate. This did not work with my design. Two legs and two gate pieces no good.
Then I decided to install the hardware as suggested and put the pins in the legs and the slides in the front gate. To do this, the front gate would have to be 1 1/4” thick. My is only 3/4”. So, I made two new end pieces and made them 1 1/4” thick.
See my new project post to see the “new” tool I made to help with the router. http://lumberjocks.com/projects/8944
I even got my wife to help out with the power tools. She had a blast. She’s a “real” woodworker know she said. She got to use the power tools.
Next up, this weekend where we will attempt to finish the crib yet again.
-- Kevin, Wichita, Kansas