LumberJocks

KentInOttawa's Workshop

  • Advertise with us
Workshop by KentInOttawa posted 422 days ago 934 reads 0 times favorited 0 comments Add to Favorites Watch

View all workshops »

View KentInOttawa's profile

KentInOttawa

14 posts in 422 days


click the pictures to enlarge them

KentInOttawa's Workshop KentInOttawa's Workshop KentInOttawa's Workshop

click the marker to see the address

Okay, so it’s not a workshop, but it is where I do 75% of my puttering. The other 25% is split between the furnace room in the basement, 25 metres away, and wherever I happen to be at the time which is usually in the carport or the back yard.

Just to the right is an 8’ x 12’ shed that I built, but as the next 2 photos show, it’s not an ideal work space either.

The middle red toolbox is something that I cobbled together recently from free materials. The paint was the only expense, and it wasn’t bought for this project ;-)

At the moment, I have a Delta Construction saw that I wheel out when necessary, a Skill saw, 1/2” hammer drill, a Sawzall, a couple of hand planes in desperate need of tuning, and an assortment of hand tools. Downstairs I have more hand tools, a Craftsman moto tool, a 6” grinder and a 15” floor-standing drill press. Within the next 2 weeks, I’ll be retrieving my other tools : a Delta Contractors Saw, with Unifence, a Delta 16” scroll saw, a Delta 12” planer, a Craftsman router, some shop vacs and a shop air filter, and a lot of smaller bits, pieces, blades and jigs that have also been stored. I don’t know where I’ll put it all, but I do know that it won’t all be set up and ready for use until I build my shop.

I’m working on the plans for my new workshop that I intend to build in the summer of 2014. It should be an interesting exercise and build because I intend to do as much as possible with zero cash outlay. That’s put me on the hunt for free and inexpensive building materials. I’m also playing quite a bit with Sketchup to work through some ideas. Stay tuned for a blog or 2 on my design criteria, constraints and possible solutions.


0 comments so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase