Well I made some progress on Blondie’s Bridal Chest. As some of you know, I had to weld up some new veneer clamps as the wood ones were flexing and cracking.
I veneered the front and backs of 1/2 MDF panels with Pecan Pecky Veneer. I then squared the panels & cut down to finished size. Once I was sure of the measurements of each opening I cut the rabbets on the backside of the panels to slide into the dados. I used a cut offs to get the right thickness to have a slight friction fit.
Once I dry fit it together today, I was stoked that it’s starting to look like a top. Most of the joints are really tight. I need to do some slight sanding in a cpl. area’s to tighten up some small gaps. I will finish sand the panels before the glue up, to insure there are no small scratches while they’re easy to sand.
Once glued up I can sand the whole top and square up & trim the ends. I’m currently gluing up the 8 other panels as we speak. One at a time of course, so it takes time.
Thx for looking and all comments are welcome.
-- Ken, "Everyday above ground is a good day!"