Well, with over 110 hours invested in the home for our new TV, were almost done. I have officially made it to the finishing stage. The case, drawer & cabinet doors have been sprayed with the dye stain and 2 coats of Seal Coat. Tomorrow I start spraying the finish. I will be using General Finish’s Enduro-Var Urethane Varnish semi gloss. I really like this stuff. I have used this on about five projects thus far.
Today was a productive day; I got everything sprayed with the two coats of seal coat. I used a special the jig I made for drilling into the top and inserting the 8mm nuts for the standoffs to screw into. This Jig was my solution to ensure when I drilled into the top the holes were at a perfect 90 If they were not, the standoffs would show this mistake 10 fold, I have no doubt. Once done, I placed the glass on. Wow, Blondie and I loved it. (Thanks to fellow Lumberjock, Storemore for the top idea.) *
It is amazing the dye stain looks so dull until you spray a seal coat on and then it looks great!
Now I can take the standoffs out and spay the finish on the top. I Plan on being completed by next weekend. This way we can set up the new 64 inch Samsung and have movie night. Everyone is invited. We have two fresh Kegs in our bar and I’m ready to pour some cold ones. Wine cellars stocked and fresh Cuban cigars are at the proper humidity.
Thx for all the help fellow Lumberjocks, during the building of this project.
Blondie is making me take time off and go to a pool party so I must go!
Have a great Holiday weekend!
-- Ken, "Everyday above ground is a good day!"