GaryK posted a blog about trying to get his dust collector modified with a canister filter.
I was thinking about doing the same, and after his post I checked into the requirements.
This is my existing setup.
It is a Grizzly dust collector with a 2 HP motor. The metal ring in the middle measured 19” across.
I called Grizzly and they have an item called an additional cannister. Not sure if that means you can stack one on top of another or what. But I asked and they said that it would fit my dust collector.
I ordered it. Everything was back ordered with the exception of the plastic bag. Go Figure.
This week this is what I got.
The plastic bag in one shipment. A clamp for the bag in another shipment and the Dust cannister in a third shipment.
The canister cost $150.00 shipping was about 50.00 because of the oversize.
So I took everything apart.
There were no directions because this is an additional canister and I guess that you could look at your old one to see how it fit. So I guessed.
This is what I got in the packages.
The inside of the canister. Note the foam around the inside of the ring.
The canister box also contained two strips of foam rubber.
You can see that the ring has a deeper impression where the band clamp would fit. So I put the smaller piece of form there.
I them put the larger piece over the top of the smaller one and covered more of the ring.
I then set the canister down on top of the modified (with foam) ring. The canister also has a piece of foam already installed in the ring. It fits tight to the metal ring.
The plastic bag was a little oversize (Little!!) So Odie suggested in GaryK’s blog that I visit Big Blue and buy contractor bags. I did that this morning. This bag here is the Grizzly bag.
So I turned it on. The suction increased a lot. So I cleaned up a little from the previous saw cutting.
People also ask if the Cyclone works well. I bought this one on ebay and I screwed it to the metal lid on a trash can.
The picture of the can is what i picked up in 5 minutes around the shop. The shinny spot in the middle is where I rubbed my finger to see how deep it was. It was about 1/2” deep.
This is what was in the bag. Maybe 1/2 a teaspoon.
I’m happy so far and I hope that the dust in the air is cut out.
-- I've been blessed with a father who liked to tinker in wood, and a wife who lets me tinker in wood. Southern Delaware soon moving to Virginia email@example.com †