LumberJocks

Kitchen Remodel #17: Its been 2445 days since I last posted on my Buffet build

  • Advertise with us
Blog entry by Karson posted 02-14-2014 12:27 AM 767 reads 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
« Part 16: Mini Cabinets and Soffit upgrade Part 17 of Kitchen Remodel series no next part

Well it’s been 2445 days since my last post on my buffet build. As I stated in the first posting my wife said that you are not doing anything until I get my kitchen.

I got up to blog entry 5 before the kitchen got hot (You know what I mean). So then blogs 6 through 16 were on the kitchen cabinet build. That finished and so I started to clean up my shop and I had my son-in-law help me to move a table saw to the middle of the shop and move a portable workbench to the wall area where the saw had been.

Where the saw was sitting I could only rip a 16” board until I hit the wall. This was not my main saw, but it became one I was wa using more and more. So it was moved to the middle of the room where I could cross cut and also rip as needed.

I had stored a few boards under the partially completed buffet and so I needed to find out what they were. There were stretchers for three of the shelves. There were cleats for the aprons at the front and back for the bottom. I need to cut 12 drawer slides for the four rows of shelves and the drawer glides that attach to them.

So I basicly have to assemble all of the pieces so that I can measure the length of the slides and then cut the mortise and tenon on all of them.

Here’s what it looks like now that it’s been moved.

Now to install a few pieces and measure.

-- I've been blessed with a father who liked to tinker in wood, and a wife who lets me tinker in wood. Southern Delaware karson_morrison@bigfoot.com †



7 comments so far

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

19460 posts in 2506 days


#1 posted 02-14-2014 12:38 AM

I can relate to the space problem Karson. There never is enough.
I usually work outside the workshop to gain more space.
Your with should be happy Karson. Gotta keep the boss on the right side mate.

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

View patron's profile

patron

13034 posts in 1996 days


#2 posted 02-14-2014 12:46 AM

i was going to bring this up
a few times karson
but didn’t want the boss to see it over your shoulder
and remember her kitchen was not finished ….

seems like you might surprise here now

well done !

-- david - only thru kindness can this world be whole . If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure. Dan Quayle

View grizzman's profile

grizzman

7011 posts in 1958 days


#3 posted 02-14-2014 12:53 AM

yep, youve done this long enough , i certainly dont need to remind you of how hot the kitchen can get…lol…glad to see you back to this, its always nice to have a ’’HOT MEAL ’’ for dinner…look forward to seeing it done.

-- GRIZZMAN ...[''''']

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

19460 posts in 2506 days


#4 posted 02-14-2014 02:44 AM

Have I got this right Karson?. Is this post 17 of this project. OMG
No wonder the boss is after your hide. LOL.

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

View lew's profile

lew

10034 posts in 2410 days


#5 posted 02-14-2014 04:19 AM

...and for Valentine’s Day, too!!

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View PurpLev's profile

PurpLev

8476 posts in 2304 days


#6 posted 02-14-2014 02:56 PM

nice to see you back on the horse on this one Karson.

I had to move my table saw so many times until I found a spot where I could mill 80% of the boards at it’s resting place (then for the other 20% I do move it out to get more clearance).

-- ㊍ When in doubt - There is no doubt - Go the safer route.

View Roger's profile

Roger

14592 posts in 1459 days


#7 posted 02-16-2014 08:31 PM

Nope, never enough space ever. I too am happy you’re back in action

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase