I did get the base cut down and reassembled. I took the 2’ x 6’ base that I used on my R4511 and cut it down to 2’ x 4’. Also, the original base had 4 pieces of 6’ angle iron strapped to the bottom of it. This one only has 2 pieces of 4’ (cut from 6’) angle iron strapped to the bottom. I don’t see why this base needs to be as ridgid as the last, since it will be holding half as much weight. I went ahead and re-used the router table cabinet from the last base. I guess this means there won’t be an old woody look to it, but I can live with that. The next piece to finish is going to be the base that the actual saw sits on. It will have the power switches mounted in it with a knee operated shutoff. For now, enjoy the pictures.
-- Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect. Vince Lombardi