At this point I would like to add screw up number four to the list. I managed to lose an E-clip that holds the vertical adjustment worm gear in place. I went to a few auto parts places and none of them had the clips. I wound up at the local ACE hardware which had the exact part in stock. With the part in hand, completing the assembly was pretty easy.
Let me note here that before putting the arbor assembly on the cradle, please make sure the pulley fits. The replacement pulleys that I got fit good and tight. Due to some scratching on the arbor key, the pulley took a bit of persuasion to get it where I wanted it on the shaft. I had to remove the arbor piece from the cradle to get the pulley where it needed to be.
I think you will be pleased to see the result. The saw is back in one piece. There is much to do at this point.
Before I re-assembled the saw I made a decision to drill and tap the bolt holes for the fence system to fit into. The saw originally had three holes drilled across the front of it to accept the three bolts for the stock fence. I decided to put 3/8 wide threaded holes on the front and back of the saw for the incra system to mount to. Well it turned out that the front holes were drilled to a size that was ready for the 3/8 tap to bore. I tapped the rear holes using a 5/16 drill bit and I tapped them to accept the 3/8 pattern. At this point I have four holes ready to have an incra mounted to them.
Ok, so with all this done, the saw was re-assembled. I turned the motor on with the new belt, and guess what. IT RUNS LIKE IT’S READY TO CUT A HOUSE IN HALF…... The saw is ready to be tuned up, and put to use. SO guys, UNTIL NEXT TIME…........
-- Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect. Vince Lombardi