Well guys, with the motor back in one piece (and running) I found myself ready to move on to the casing for the actual saw. So, with my el-crapo (Skil) finishing sander and some 100 grit sandpaper, I went to town removing old paint and rust from the saw. I had to be super careful not to destroy the badges.
So there’s the saw after a good cleaning and sanding, and here it is with primer.
I did make a boo boo, and tried to sand out a run with 100 grit (stupid, stupid, stupid) and took the primer back down to metal. So I just hit the saw with another round of primer.
I look forward to getting the red on the saw cabinet tomorrow after church. Also, I’ve decided to do the trunions and cradle assembly In good old Hemi orange. I think the motor is going to get the same color applied to it also. For those parts I’ve decided to use Rustoleum’s engine paints. While I know that the parts won’t need the heat ability, I believe the look will be what I’m going for.
-- Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect. Vince Lombardi