I finished the metal base cabinet today. The original color is not available so I just painted it silver. The jointer doesn’t have to look like the original. It just needs to work.
The tables took about 2 hours to clean. I applied the toilet cleaner several times to eat away the rust. Then I used a palm sander with 180, 220, & 320 grits. The out-feed table has more pitting than the in-feed. The pitting does not show up in the photo. The tables just need to be flat and some pitting will not affect the performance.
I need to purchase a slim 10mm wrench to remove the knives and order new ones. Then start cleaning the cutting head. I’ll tackle that tomorrow.