I am building a set of two benches; one for me and, hopefully, a profit bench.
The need for the bench is due to a lack of sitting locations to install shoes on my feet. We have a shoeless policy in our home. In one of my earlier project post, I made a simple bench out of treated pine scraps to get an idea of what I was doing before moving on to this build.
This project is a skill step up from my previous bench. It has a small bit of shaping added by my 4-1/2” angle grinder using a low grit sand paper. I also added plugs (a first for me) to hide the deck screws used in assembly. The plugs were quite easy to cut and install. I picked up an 8 piece bit set from Woodcraft and used a 1/2” forstner bit to counter sink (if that is the right wording) the holes.
At this point one bench has been assembled with the second cut and awaiting assembly.
The finish will be some sort of rustic – not sure yet.