I decided I wanted a permanent solid fence for the table, with adjustable stop blocks. I decided to to put on a laminate surface there too, since I still had plenty.
I doubled up some more 3/4” MDF, for the fence, and the base, as well as some support blocks to keep that fence a perfect 90 degrees to the table, and to resist any flexing.
First I glued on some more laminate, and doubled up the MDF.
I then prepared the back section and the support blocks. I’ve actually pre-drilled the holes for the T-track hold downs.
I got in the groove, and as usual, forgot to take enough photos. Once I had the pieces all dried out, I routed out another T-track channel in the face of the fence to control the stop blocks. Just a 5/16th straight bit followed by a T-Track bit. Then I glued and clamped up the 2 pieces together. Once I had good adhesion, I took the fence to the drill press table, and fitted it, then I traced out just enough room so that the drill press lever can swing down and tap the fence, which I outlined on the fence.
Some quick work with the bandsaw and the oscillating spindle sander, and I gave my drill press lever free reign!
At this point, the table is already quite usable, but I’m going to create a few stop blocks so that I can make nice repeatable cuts.
Ran out of star knobs for the T bolts, so its off to Rockler for me.