So [Friday] was moving day, and I had to re-arrange a bunch of things in the shop to make room for a much longer bench. My old bench (soon to be milling machine table) was 64” long, and my new one is a full 8 footer, give or take a few.
Just a few last things on the bench. Had to re-fit and try out the tail vise. Worked great, even upside down!
Then I moved my old bench to the back corner.
... and hoisted up the milling machine. Oy, that was a production. You can see 3 separate moving straps, then I lowered it down to the legs of my 2ton engine hoist while I rolled it around.
I had to roll a LOT of stuff around to make room to swing that engine hoist around. The base of the new bench, and nearly anything not nailed down was moved out of the shop.
After much effort, the machine made it to it’s new home!
Then, we moved on to…. ASSEMBLY!