I’m nervous about trying to keep my hand drill perpendicular, so I made a little jig to drill the holes. Worked out quite well. Just put some thick scrap in the drill press and drilled out the holes, then clamped it to the top.
The dry fit was tricky. I did the dry fit, but it was going in tight. I also noticed I had two nice long wedges from the tombstone shape of the leg vice. They made excellent tools for forcing getting those tenons out of the too-tight mortises.
Another round of trimming, and I’ve got a nice tight dry fit!
And here is what it’ll look like when I finally get it flipped over!
Those legs ended up perfectly flush. I can’t even register a chisel between the top and the leg.
Dry fitting done, the long wedges helped me disassemble.
And with the tenons marked, I drilled out the drawbore holes.
Now I’ve only got 2 small things left. I have to route out the mortise for the sliding deadman, and install the end caps and vise hardware.