This is the true test of the legs. To make sure they’re really going be as sturdy as I need them to be.
I purchased a top of the line manual drawbore dowel manufactory.
Glued up my tenons and mortises, and pounded in my first set of pins.
A perfect 90 degrees!
A second one, and I’ve got 2 perfectly coplanar legs.
While the glue dried (enough to flush cut the dowels anyway), I switched to the leg vice, which I shaped and planed it smooth.
Some careful heaving later, I had the base flipped, and I marked out the mortises from the tenons. This part can be tricky, if you didn’t pay too much attention, (like me) to where your dog holes were going.
Since the tenons were the same size, I made a template so I could route myself some perfectly true sides for most of the mortises.
I’ll be away tomorrow, so I’ll probably have to hold off on preparing the drawboring holes and the dry fit for this coming week. So very close!