Been a while since the photos hit. I didn’t take photos of everything, once I really got moving along.
I roughed out the end cap tenons with my TS55.
Whacked the waste with a hammer, made a pass with the chisel, then went to town with LN 60.5R
Began to rough out waste from my vise end end-cap.
I probably won’t bother with the other end cap until the bench is built. I need to finish this end cap to complete the tail vise, which I want to do while the bench is flipped over.
Looking good so far.
Fitted out the vise hardware, mortised the runners a bit.
Started in on the legs. Cut out the hole for the vise screw, and mortised in the nut a bit.
Drilled the holdfast holes and tested them out. I ended up counterboring a 1” deep hole before I got any traction, even after sanding the holdfast.