Although I completed the fence last night, my girlfriend unknowningly borrowed the camera, so I only have some after-completion photos today.
Here is the completed front face of the fence.
Some mini quick grips still holding the upper fixed fence portion in place.
And here’s the back of the fence. I deviated quite a bit from Norm’s design on the dust chute. I really hate routing dust, so I decided to just use a 2.5” coupler, and I’m going to use the shop vac on the top, and the DC on the bottom, at least for now.
One thing I didn’t do to the top before, because I wanted to build the fence first and figure out if I wanted to chance locations, was to adjust where the T-track for the fence hold down was going to be located. Now that the fence is built I’ve laid out the location, and clamped a board on to the table top to act as a guide, and loaded up a cheap 3/4” router bit into my hand-held to route the groove. Unlike some of the ones I’ve seen, I don’t think I’m going to run this groove all the way up to the mitre track. I just can’t see any reason to have it that far forward. I’m not going to be swinging any router bits greater than 3” and still be using this fence anyway!
Tonight, I hate to cut the grooves, cut and mount the T-track, and then I’ll be done! I may device to put some protective finish on it in the future, but likely not.