I prepped my hand-held PC892 for the rabbet that will support the lift.
Put the right bearing on for a half inch rabbet, and cut away. There is where the DOH! comes in. When I made the jig to size the hole in the top, I put a half inch extra for the whole thing, meaning I’d have to do a quarter inch rabbet to make the PRL fit. Meaning… of course, that I ended up with a hole that was a half inch too bit in my top. DOH DOH DOH!
I made some oak stripping around the PRL, and it doesn’t look TOO bad. I may end up remaking the top if I find it bothers me, but so far, it works just fine.
Of course, I forgot to put in the dust port when it would have been easy, way back when this was sheet goods… Some creative jigsaw work later (damn I need a new one) and I had my hole.
I thought norm’s idea on how to arrange the dust flow was a little odd, so I just went ahead and came up with my own. The ply there is removable, to make cleanout easier.
Of course, now for the gratuitous router bit photo. Fear my dozen router bit collection!
Next up, fence building!