In my first blog I milled everything up and started assembling leg sets.
After that I got on a roll and forgot about the camera until the base was fully assembled.
Everything is mortise and tenon. The bottom stretchers are also held to the legs with bench bolts.
I have 1/2” plywood glued and stapled to the back, 3/4” on the bottom.
The leg sets have 1/2” plywood dadoed into the legs and stretchers, then stapled.
Once the top was glued up I wrapped it in hard maple, except where the double vise will be. There I used Jatoba, only because I needed 1×8 and that was the only good hardwood I had for it.
Added an end vise.
Then came the Double pipe clamp vise.
It’s starting to look like a workbench!
I divided the base in half and added a cabinet door on the left.
Then added 2 drawers on the right.
Now all I have left to do (I think) is add dog holes, a board on the end that will pop up to hold material while I plane it and then oil.
I will have more pictures when she’s all done.