So after a couple more botched attempts at staining since my last blog update I went out and got some Krylon Brown Leather and this is what I have now….
What have I learned you may be wondering? Well you’re probably not wondering, but I am.
- Since I’ve started my endeavor of posting and keeping a blog on projects I actually got one (near) done.
- Building even something cheesey (well I think it is) like this makes me feel good.
- I use far to many internal monologues via parenthesis with myself in sentences (I need to work on not doing this).
- Next time I think I may try video taping the process. Not necessarily as a tutorial, just a fumbley guy in his basement.
- I’ve got kind of a smug side to me. Envisioning with this birthday party tomorrow the reactions I’ll get when I come jaunting into the room.
- I have a very supportive and patient wife.
- Spray painting in your basement will make you dizzy when you forget to turn the ventilation on. Also if you run out of tack rags just spray paint in your basement without shoes on. You’ll have two more right on your feet ready to go for next time, even if you don’t directly spray, spray paint on said socks that you are wearing at that time.
Now onto “Operation Tiny Mattresses” as my wife called it. Which is basically waiting for the paint to cure, slapping the bottoms in on the runners, and plopping in the mattresses she has completed already sans pink foam. You know small children, insulation foam, might not be the smartest on my part. Caught that one though before the mistake was made. Actually, my wife caught that one.
Then and only then shall I be clicking the ”+New Project” button for the first time. Yay!
-- If you learn a lot from your mistakes then I must be a freakin' genius!