The last thing I posted was the handle blank all glued and clamped up. It seems like it has been forever since I have worked on this project.
Here we have the lid trimmed up so it fits and opens properly. I do this before I add the handle, it makes things a lot easier for me.
Then it’s over to the jointer to square up the handle.
The handle ended up about 1×1. I ripped to 3/8 and then found where I wanted it to sit on the lid. I then matched my outline for the sculpting from the box, and cut the ends with my jig saw.
I then glued and clamped it in place, flush with the top of the lid.
Next I set the lid back on it’s pins and mark where the handle sits on the box. I then made the notch for the handle to sit in and sanded it up. After I was happy with the look, I sanded up the sides and bottom of the lid and the inside of the box and gave them a couple coats of polyacrylic.
I have used CA glue to set the hinge pins and tomorrow we begin the fun and messy job of grinding the box to shape.
Thanks for taking a look,
-- JoeyG ~~~ http://www.facebook.com/JHGWoodWorks