Just a quick update: I built one drawer box and one drawer front so far, unfortunately I ran out of milled stock to do the second, so I’ll have to mill some more (hopefully this weekend) to finish up the second cabinet. This was the first drawer box I’ve done, so I was very happy that it came out just about perfect in width so that the slides attached properly. I goofed the first time mounting it, forgetting that the slide had to be flush with the front of the box, so the drawer box was about 1/16” proud of the front… meaning the drawer front would not sit flush with the cabinet face frame. That was pretty easy to fix though, I just flipped the drawer box around and remounted the slides :)
Here’s a link to a picture of the near-finished first cabinet. I didn’t feel like scaling it down so it’s a direct link. It’s laying on its back on my assembly table because I haven’t attached the door or the drawer front yet, but I wanted to get an idea of how it would look. I used a round-over bit on both the door and the drawer front, which was another first for me. This was the second door I made, for which I did not pre-prime the raised panel (made of MDF).
I’m looking to get a drill press here in the near future as well, so I’m kind of holding off on drilling the holes for the cup hinges till I get that. I’d also like to finish painting the door and cabinets separately before installing the hardware.
-- The difference between being defeated and admitting defeat is what makes all the difference in the world - Upton Sinclair, "The Jungle"