Haven’t had a lot of time to work on this the last two weeks unfortunately, but I did make some progress today. I’ve attached the shelf standards (not shown below) in both cabinets, and cut the backs. I won’t attach the backs until the drawers are done, since I’d like to make access to anything I need to put on the interior as easy as possible.
Today, I finished priming the first center panel, which is made of MDF, and glued up the first door. The second door frame is finished, but I haven’t made the center panel yet, since I’m still waiting to get my dust collector before tackling MDF again…
Here’s the first door, clamped to the first cabinet:
After the door was glued up, I drilled holes through the tenons and pinned them with bamboo BBQ skewers. Here’s a close-up of one of the corners:
I snipped them off with utility scissors, and pared them down with a chisel, followed up with a light sanding. Next up will be putting a finished edge on the outside of the door, most likely a slight ogee, but I need to try it out on some scrap first since this’ll be my first attempt.
I’ve got the wood milled for one drawer as well, which I’m planning on putting together using a rabbet/dowel joint since my dovetail skills are not quite up to snuff. Pretty much I’m trying to finish off this first cabinet to make sure it all comes together well, since this is my first time really building anything of substance.
As always, thanks for looking.
-- The difference between being defeated and admitting defeat is what makes all the difference in the world - Upton Sinclair, "The Jungle"