The front apron and drawer fronts we the next thing to tackle. The front apron is pretty straight forward, but it has four walnut accent pieces inset in it. The walnut pieces are faceted to mirror the through tenons. Also there a four slots routed on the back of it to hold the drawer supports.
The drawers were a straight forward as well. I just needed to be careful since I am using one piece so the grain matches from one drawer to the next. It took me two tries on the drawer fronts, because my router bit came loose in the middle of routing for the accent pieces. I added a chamfer to the bottom edge of the drawer to be able to grip them better when opening them.
I cut a small block with a v-groove to match the accent pieces to tap them into place without marring them.
On the drawer side, there are pieces that are tenoned into the legs. These were easy to glue in place.
The next glue up was pretty easy as well. I did not put any glue on the through tenons of the central arches. I glued up the front apron, and used several pipe clamps to pull everything.
Next I taped off the through tenons, applied glue to the top and bottom gaps and drove in the walnut wedges.
I love it when a plan comes together!
-- -Jim, "Society is well governed when its people obey the magistrates, and the magistrates obey the law." -- Solon