Well, Good weather, good time to get finished up on some more.
I mated the extension table to the saw top today. I used 3/8×4” lag screws on the mating edge itself.
Added 3” deck screws through the angle iron and into the top.
Very nice and flat with a good seam. OK, time to get the fence mocked up.
I took the T part of the fence and threaded in some nylon set screws, these can be used to square the fence and make sure it is perpendicular also. I can see me needing some lock nuts.
The square tube that the fence rides on gets an application of UHMW tape. The nylon set screws rides on the tape.
The T square fence takes shape with the adaper I had machined between the cross pieces.
A view of the end of the fence (Upside down) assembly.
Another view, showing more of the fence. Made from a section of heavy aluminum extrusion.
And mocked into place. I think I will raise the square tube a bit. A spacer will do it. Then the nylon set screws can be drawn back a bit.
OK that is mocked up. Maybe cut a bit of wood now.
The cart that this will sit on is a full 6’ long and 2’ wide. I had some 3/4” exterior plywood left over from the kitchen. Not quite long enough, but we can work around that, we need 2’ of it ripped.
Cut up a bunch of 2×4’s and mock everything together and I remembered to mark everything for glue up. Maybe I am actually learning something here.
Another view of it “in the shop”. This is part of the reason it is going on wheels. Anytime I use the table saw, I have to bring it out on the lawn. Not a lot of room in there.
All glued up and together. Attached the casters (I need some carrage bolts). The casters are on a hinged board so they can swing away for working. You can see the 3 scraps I attached to act as feet when in the working position. I chose 3 because it stabilizes better on uneven ground….i.e the lawn.
Here it is in the “moving” position. I have to get something to lock it in this position.
Here it is in the “working” position. Being dropped down will also give me a chance to build a slightly taller cabinet under the top too. You can also see how I made the plywood longer by re using a couple of pieces of 1×4 pine on each end.
-- I still have all my fingers