Went to the Re-Store to get a piece of counter top material for the saw extension. They had a “could not refuse” deal on brand new, flat pack, maple kitchen cabinets. So the kitchen got a face lift..lol, and I got the old counter top.
I cut 2 pieces to size along with a piece of plywood (20 X 31) and lined them up and drilled some locating holes. Laminated the whole works together. Of course, I forgot to mark how it all went together and had to scrape all the glue off and do it a second time. The locating holes are filled with dowel and I think will make a bit of interest in the top. It’s not perfect, but a bit of time with the belt sander ought to fix it up. Again, I used every clamp I have, and all my glue too.
I used the 1/2” ply in the middle to get the thickness I wanted. Also, I took the belt sander to the back of the counter top material and plywood to give it all a bit of clean up and tooth for the glue. We will see how much success I get when I attempt to put it between the angle irons and attach it.
Wow! I even remembered to re size the photo! Not the best picture though. Wait for the next installment when it goes into the top.
-- I still have all my fingers