I dug my old “on hold” T square fence project today. It’s kinda rusty, but no problem. I am showing it together at the start. It is pretty heavy with the square tubing and angle iron bolted together. There should be enough strength there to hold the top in place once I get it flat.
Here it is apart so you can see the seperate pieces better. I think the picture is pretty self explanitory of how it works. I have to devise a method of clamping it to the square tube, I may use a toggle clamp, or rig up a cam clamp. The piece of angle attached to the aluminum extrusion will have some holes tapped in it for nylon adjusters to square the fence. A bit of teflon coated tape to make it glide better and it should be good. The extrusion will take T nuts so adding jigs and sacrificial fence faces will be easy.
Again, from the end.
and the other end. This end will ride on the little bearings over the top of the outfeed extension, the fence is longer than the TS top.
Here is another picture of the part that mounts to the front of the saw, as you can see, it is fairley substantial.
I put a straight edge on the top and measured the dip with feeler guages. I get about .030” at the worst part. Using part of the fence and the light clamping afforded by my surplus clamps, I cut that in half to about .015”. I will have to go hunt for my C clamps, but for now I will let it sit under pressure for a while. I am hoping that by doing it in a slow progression that I will get most of it out.
Again, I welcome comments, even the ones that are not for this project. I have almost everything needed for it so it won’t be expensive. I have lots of time and little money, hopefully I get a better saw out of it.
Thanks for looking in and commenting!
-- I still have all my fingers