Since getting the planes tuned up and working properly, I have been alternating between flattening the side panels and dimensioning the legs. Today I finally glued up the side panels.
I used winding sticks and a straight edge to flatten the backside of the boards (inside surface) and then squared the matting edges..
With the one board sitting on top of the other, I checked to make sure the seams looked perfect..
Um.. Yeah… If you could just heat up the hide glue.. that’d be great…
I was also able to secure the piece for the back of the case. I was willing to do a panel glue up of the secondary wood.. but this piece of maple just fell into my lap.. so I guess I will use it.
Yup.. 15” wide.
Of course I am never content with just one project at a time.. and right now parallel to the lowboy, I am currently playing with some intense alcohol dyes in preparation for a potential guitar build.
I love, this colour pattern, and am thinking of making a box with this finish.
Last.. I have been writing some content for Tom Fidgen's free site concerning the Spice Cabinet build that I did about 2 years ago.. its new stuff and not exactly what has been posted here. There will be new stuff posted every Friday morning on Tom’s site. So please check it out.