I am still finding tiny amounts of time in between my larger commission projects to work on making this thing as perfectly as possible. In the last two days, I was able to cut more pieces and get my panel glued up. I used OBG and my half made moxon vice as the press.
Here is the panel.
I used a marking gauge to score the lines,
Then a router plane to clean it all up
Gluing up my small segment of banding
And out of the clamps. Black veneer, curly maple veneer, mahogany, curly maple, mahogany, curly maple veneer, black veneer.
Here is my pattern
And if you, like me, just noticed, 2 should be under 8/9. So I have my numbers off.. but you get the idea.
And here is 36BF of walnut that I bought yesterday that is soon going to be display cases for a store that is going to be opening up in my area next month. I buy the 5’ left over stuff with defects, its super cheap and its usually really nice stuff as long as you can work around the defects, because the cases I am making are only going to be 12×24 and 2.5” tall.. that really should not be a problem.
Short and simple.. thanks for checking in.