My Labour day was a good one. Spent quite a bit of time in the shop, and my son decided to tail me around all day, it was nice having some company in there.
Pick up right where I left off last night….
I cut up some maple strips and glued then into the corners where I left space for them when I made the box.
Then I used a plow plane to make the same size grooves in the top and bottom edges
The I cut and glued in those pieces as well.
Once the glue cured for a while, I removed the tape and used a thin card scraper to smooth everything off.
For the top, I used a beading tool and made a profile on three edges of the lid. Its still a little rough and needs a little more fine tuning.
Then I made the void in the lid for the final inlay
Tomorrow once I get the clamps off, I will scrape it smooth… then I will show what the center inlay is.