I have been slacking quite a bit on this project. I was at the point where I needed to plane all the drawer fronts to final thickness and glue them up and nail the bottoms on. Well I have my next project picked out and that means I have to finsh this one. And I find that when I am working on a project I am really excited about it, and this is no exception. Once I finally got to planing the fronts and assemblying the drawers, I started to see that this project is getting close to done!
I also failed to take pictures of me doing any of the planing, gluing and nailing. Lots of planing, lots of gluing and lots of nailing. I nailed the bottoms on the drawers with an air nailed gun using 5/8 nails.
I do have some tweeking to do, but I will do that after I fully assemble the inside blades.
Now I am onto the door. I had planned on doing a single tombstone planel, but I made a miscut and cut my rails longer than my stiles. Maybe I should start writing things down instead of just measuring and cutting. So plan B, I will make a double tombstone door.
First step was to mark my half circles on the top rail. Front and back.
Then using my crosscut saw I cut almost to the line a bunch of times.
Then I broke then off with a chisel.
Then using rasps I cleaned them up.
Just a little cleaning up to get them a little more even…
I plan on using quilted maple for the panels. I am going to use veneered planels instead of solid wood. So now I need to find some good veneer, and make the planels.
Till next time, thanks for reading.