Always changing plugs between the lathe, grinder, and lamp. I picked up a three-pronged outlet to secure to the stand. This way I wouldn’t have to change any plugs. I looked for a bracket that would fit around the plug, but couldn’t find anything ...
|View Jarred's:||home||workshop||projects (21)||blog (7)||reviews (0)||forum topics (1)||buddies (0)||favorites (21)||activity log|
None so far
63 posts in 860 days
Latest Activity | view all »
|added blog entry||Cord Management||01-16-2015 02:54 AM|
|commented on||Hurricane Sandy Wood Bowls||01-15-2015 03:40 AM|
|added project||Honey Dippers||01-15-2015 03:39 AM|
|added blog entry||...And There Was Light||01-13-2015 03:25 AM|
|added project||Rocket Ornament||01-11-2015 07:20 PM|
|added project||Baseball Ornament||01-11-2015 07:15 PM|
|added project||Angel Ornament||01-11-2015 07:10 PM|
|added blog entry||Lathe Stand #5: Sanding Station||01-11-2015 07:04 PM|
|commented on||Curved front hall table||01-09-2015 12:56 AM|
|added blog entry||Lathe Stand #4: Tool Trouble||01-09-2015 12:40 AM|
|added blog entry||Lathe Stand #3: The Daily Grind||01-08-2015 04:10 AM|
|added blog entry||Lathe Stand #2: Waste Control||01-04-2015 12:17 AM|
|added blog entry||Lathe Stand #1: The Redo||12-29-2014 04:42 AM|
|added project||Acorn Ornaments||12-24-2014 03:52 AM|
|commented on||Lathe Stand||07-20-2014 08:04 PM|
Latest Projects | view all 21 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 7 »
A lack of light was one of the shortcomings of my original design. My garage has two west-facing windows, but not a whole lot of useable light. I had used a pair of portable halogen work lights on a stand. Both of them promptly burned out. When I ...
Figuring out how to make sandpaper available was a challenge. My first method was tearing small strips of sanding sheets. Although effective, this took time, and I seemed to be misplacing the sheets fairly frequently. I looked into smarter ways...
My tool storage consisted of loops on pegboard and clamps for the larger instruments. The advantages were easy visualization of the tools and simplicity. The major disadvantage was distance from the working end of the lathe. I found that I hoarded...
I learned early on that turning tends to dull tools rather efficiently. Before we moved my workbench, which had the lathe bolted on, was right next to some shelves, where I bolted the grinder. These were fairly tight quarters, and the grinder was ...