Over this past week, I took some time off from work (because the weather was going to be insanely nice, Hallelujah!) and worked around the house and shop. I didn’t spend all my time on the renovation but I did put in quite a bit of time out there. I tinkered with the CNC (aka Duchess. Don’t ask. Ok, go ahead, ask.)
and got the vacuum foot attached and tested. I’ll get a video and some shots of it up real soon.
As you can see from the shots, I have everything, except for the bench, removed from the walls and stacked nicely. A bunch of buddies (aka Work Detail. They don’t know I call them that.) are coming over on Saturday morning to hang drywall and get the tape and first coat of mud on. With 6-8 folks and all the trimmings, we should have it knocked out in no time. With everything on wheels or stacked in small piles, I estimate I can move everything out of the shop in less than one hour.
If the first coat of mud looks good enough, we’ll stop right there and I’ll paint the shop after it dries. Maybe a little sanding. It’s a shop, after all.
I plan to surface mount the wiring in metal conduit for flexibility and the service upgrade I have planned for late summer. A 100 amp subpanel with some 240v circuits! Bring it on! Anyway, I still have to remove some of the existing wiring and conduit to allow me to get it mounted over the drywall.
That’s about it for now. Let me know what you think.