With the center unit mostly complete it was time to move on to the 2 side pieces.
The 2 side units were going to be identical to the ones my parents already had. The reason to rebuild them is to match the color accross all three, but also there was no way we could match exactly the moldings that were on the existing units. Also after all the work on this, part of the deal is I got the old stuff for my house. :)
Below is a picture showing the 2 cases. Not the best picture, but you can see the one case with the face frame glued on and in the clamps. That will be given a few hours to cook and then we clamped on the other face frame. As someone pointed out in a post last week, I have not mentioned the actual size of any of the units. These 2 measure at 74” high X 25” wide X 16” deep each. The depth is counting the face frames.
Here is a shot of the entire wall unit side by side. Over all the 3 units measure 121” wide. Or just 2 or 3 inches shorter than the length of the wall they will be going on. The reason for going a bit short, is that there is a heating register that we did not want to completely block half of.
Next up will be the doors for the book cases…...