pic 1) I am unsure if this is the original motor that came with this 6” rockwell jointer, but it works and I know Dayton are good quality motors. I easily reconfigured the 110v motor (it CAN do 220v as well, something I may do later on in the future) to go from CW (clock-wise rotation) to CCW (counter clock-wise rotation) since I moved the motor from underneath the original stand to up top.
pics 2) And for good measure, I moved the power switch behind the infeed table instead of the original location of around my knee caps.
pic 3 and 4) I know I will not get 100% perfect air flow with the jointer chip chute of 2 1/2” x 10” square… but it’s the best I could come up with. Also makes it easier to attach a 6” duct fitting that can stay in place via clamps even when I rotate over to planer or jointer (I would have to remove the hose though), which is removable for storage when not in use.
pic 5) someone asked me about the removable infeed / outfeed table. It takes a 5 seconds to remove either table for other uses.
I added 1/8” hardboard ontop of both tables..but I am 4” short or so at the ends. All this material I had laying around in the shop I wanted to use up. Do not think being short at the ends is detrimental.
When I do flip the jointer so it’s down, the fence does pop off the jointer table by 4”. I’ll have to strap it down or figure something out.
I also have to still figure out how to pipe or hose the planer dust chute.. but that should not be too challenging.
-- The Carpenter Bee is derived from the Ancient Greek word wood-cutter