i think i’m near the final draft. with each caster being independent and being nearly directly under each of the fulcrums (instead of a piece in the middle), i’m able to raise this makeshift table with jointer & jointer stand onboard with ease. I removed the middle piece idea from previous versions, i also rotated the casters to they follow the “throw” of the bottom 1×4 instead of against the grain. this allows the top 1×4 to be thrown all the way vertically, if needed (the longer the “throw”, the more equalized torque downwards upon the 2 fulcrums and 2 casters, the easier the lift). as it stands as is, it will not work in this picture because the casters are too low. but it gives idea when the dimensions and measurements all line up (i’ll probably go 2×4 for levers instead of 1×4’s), this will work like a charm.
then the next tackle… how to lock the upper 1×4 horizontally in place when platform is raised. right now, i’m just using a carriage bolt in a hole. was thinking.. more so a catch eventually. but all i’ve seen so far catches are the cabinetry / storm door kinda catches. might have to construct my own heavier duty catch.
remember. the whole idea for this convoluted thing is 5 fold:
1.) to easily engage raising a platform from the standing facing side of the machine (no bending down).
2.) to take a whole 3 seconds to accomplish (do not have to go around to all 4 sides to unlock casters).
3.) a nice gentle pressure to lift platform (this is where the 2 fulcrums come into play)
4.) and a small horizontal profile so not to interfere with stands, storage, collapsible wings, etc.
5.) oh… almost forgot as this is actually the reason why i started on this project: no protrusions from the carcass itself (i do not want to trip over a outboard wheel or such)
-- Yes, my profile picture is of a Carpenter Bee! The name is derived from the Ancient Greek "wood-cutter"