THE FENCE IS HERE!
NOTE: Please read parts 1 and 2 to know how I got where I’m at today. Thandks for looking, any comments or suggestions are welcome, Hersh
Now the fun begins. I unpacked eveything and counted all the nut and bolts, etc. Then read the instructions and reviewed some of LJ’s blogs and started in. The first thing I had to determine was how the holes on the saw line up with the holes on the fence. I soon realized that none of the holes were going to work. Also noticed that the bolt heads on both wings were ‘proud’ of the flat front of the table. Since I want to add a router table on the right side, I removed the right wing. I will drill a couple of holes for bolts on the Left wing to strengthen it.
I have resigned to the fact that I will have to drill holes in the front and rear rails. I studied SimonSKL’s Project “A Delta T2 fence for my Craftsman tablesaw”, and realized why he used the masking taple on the table top. I put the masking tape on the top as well. And placed the fence on the table tight against the saw blade. With my big T square I drew a ling on the tape that was dead on to the “0” on the fence Scale. Adding tape to the rails and transfering the line to the rails, showed me where the holes for the rails needed to be drilled. Since the holes on the tube are pre-drilled and tapped. the proces is repeatable. I drilled and coutersunk the front rail. Then mounted the front rail and tube. Set the fence on the tube and added a couple of the bolts. Then mounted the rear rail and it is good to go. Wow, this a slick unit
CHECKING THE ACCURACY OF THE FENCE INSTALL.
As You can see the metal ‘Centering’ rule is set at “0” and the Fence is at 15” and the scale is showing 15”. This is very accutate.
I made a couple of minor adjustment for dead on parrall and that was it. All in all a very easy project.
I have added the new link belt, made some sawdust and I’m a very happy camper.
Thanks for Looking, Hersh
-- Hersh from Port Angeles, WA - Gotta Complete That Project!