I managed to squeeze in a little shop time today and began by using my Craftsman 113 series contractor table saw to rip a piece of sycamore to rough width and resawed it rough thickness for the engine compartment pieces. As you can see in this photo, I’m using a 2×4 and a couple of clamps as a rip fence. What can I say, I got the saw for $35…
I used my planer to mill the piece of sycamore to the final width and thickness. No pictures of that process today.
Next I used the camfer bit in the router to put a 3/8” camfer on the top two edges of the stock.
Here I’m checking to see what a good job this bit does cutting the camfers.
I set up a stop block on the table saw sled and cut the engine compartment pieces to the final length.
Here’s a photo of a completed engine compartment piece, ready to be sanded and assembled.
The engine compartment piece will be glued to the main chassis, as shown in this photo:
Today’s efforts produced six engine compartment pieces. I only need four for the chassis I have cut but I’ll put the extras away for the next time I make one of these trucks.
I also resawed some sycamore and some SYP and planed it down to the thickness required for various cab parts.
Thanks for looking in on this ongoing projects.
Ya’ll be careful!
-- Herb, Florida - Here's why I close most messages with "Be Careful!" http://lumberjocks.com/HerbC/blog/17090