Week 3 was a blur and the top took a lot longer to get done then I had planned. I built the top in basically 3 sections . Left right and rear. I had to do it this way so I could get at the back rail if and when I decide to change fence systems.
I’m not going to go day by day. These are the photo’s of the top. I used ash to trim it out.
Both sides completed and aligned with the saw top. This took a few hrs to get done but they are bang on.
Here you can see the rails and how I had to build around them. I also installed the router.
Top fully complete and totally functional. The out feed section I made so it can be removed to allow access to the rails for removal and so I can get into the back of the saw cabinet if I ever need to. I must say that I’m extremely happy with how it turned out so far. If I was to change one thing it would be to have built the top as one piece with a new fence system that didn’t require the back rail.
-- "I've still got things left to do." – Walter White