I wiped on two coats of General Finishes Arm-R-Seal yesterday. That certainly went easier for me than the amber Shellac did when I tried to brush it on this wormy maple.
These coats of sanding sealer look good. I am warming up my shop so I can wipe on two or more coats today. Then I will probably spray on either clear Shellac from a can or a Spar Polyurethane to protect this blanket chest’s finish.
I took a close-shot of the chest’s dovetails, and also its plinth. I do like the way they turned out. I was planning on reversing the tails on the plinth so they were going to be on the chest’s front view, but that did not get done on this project. I will make a note of this in my woodshop journal so I may remind myself the next time I do a blanket chest.
Now the plinth view of their dovetails…
-- --- Happy Howie