OK so a while back we moved into a new house… just when I had finished my workshop in the other one…grrrr… To top it all off, I was relocated for 6 months at work (working on the G20 Summit) so we hired movers and my wife made the executive decisions regarding the move. My machinery and tools made it over but my workbench and cabinets were graciously donated to the new owner of our old place.
So now I have a basement that is chock full of stuff from the move that I need to finish in order to have a workshop. Additionally, as this is a tract home, I have the usual builder’s craptastic attention to detail and workmanship to deal with.
At any rate, here is a plan I did up of the basement as is:
And here is the first stab at a finished plan (subject to change):
So that is the background. Stay tuned for part 2, the plan and the beginning…
In the interest of full disclosure, the first few posts of this blog should come somewhat fast as this project is already underway and I am catching up on the blog. Actual photos on subsequent posts, I promise!
Guillaume in Ottawa
-- Guillaume in Ottawa