The tools are coming out of storage and along with coming out means Cleaning up. Having been in storage for a couple of years my machines are in need of some TLC. Yesterday I brought to the shop some of my machines to start putting into place. I finally have my workbench to work on so this will help to make the clean up process go a little easier.
I started with the Band Saw last night and began disassembling the movable parts that began rusting. I got the table cleaned up of most of the rust. A little more elbow grease and it will be ready for some wax. The other parts have been cleaning up fairly quickly. I will finish cleaning the body and lube everything and have it back together today.
Next on the list will be the Radial Arm Drill Press. It seems to have acquired more rust than the Band Saw did. The steel used for the column and the radial arm seem to need the most work. I put a oily rag with a plastic bag around the chuck last night before going to the house for the night. Hopefully that will do some good while I clean up the table and column and arm.
My lathe didn’t look to bad as most of it is painted although there are a couple of parts that need to be replaced because of damage being moved into storage. The Jointer you can just about imagine what it looks like. Any way things are getting done and the shop is finally beginning to look like a shop. I still have more to come but I’m dependent on the help of others and when their time is available to help. Will try to get some pics later today to post. Anyway things are coming together in piece work making for a small shop to come to life without being crowded doing it.
-- I don't make mistakes, I have great learning lessons, Greg