Not too much to see at this stage. BLO, Gloss Poly and solvent in roughly equal proportions. There seem to be strong and varied opinions on this sort of mixture, and I am certainly no one to give advice on finishing, but I was pleased with the results the last time I used this method. There was no hint of a “plasticky” coating after 4 coats.
And no, I wasn’t using a “pickling” stain. :) The jar was handy though. The last pickle I removed to empty the jar was tasty too.
The two units on the left will eventually fit into dadoes on the underside of the main shelf, but I think the finishing will be easier now,before the final assembly. And the dado slots were a handy “dry spot” to support the main shelf by while it dried.
A couple of handscrews kept some ply scraps in place to fit into the dadoes. I applied the finish to the bottom first, avoiding the edge trim. That allowed me to flip the piece over without touching any wet spots. Then I applied the finish to the top and edges.