It sure was an intersting weekend. I was in the middle of cutting up the pieces for the project I was working on (2 of Woodsmith Shop’s Pegboard Units) and got them cut to length. I then took them over to the table saw and prepared to cut them to width. Funny thing happened when I pulled the switch …
I totally freaked out. I started pouring through the instruction manual for my saw and nothing worked. I then tried to call the customer help line and they are only open during business hours on the work week. So, I then called my dad for some advice. He walked me though testing the switch and found out that the switch was dead. So, in the mean time, I put a piece of copper between the two terminals to hard wire the unit. I then used a power strip to turn the unit on and off (didn’t want to take the time to wire a new switch in while I’m in the middle of this project). It worked like a charm!!! Whew!!!
Once I finish this project, I will add a regular household switch to the front of the saw to replace the existing one. A little ghetto, but hey, I’m cheap :)
Well, I was able to get the 2 cases assembled. I wanted to fully complete the cases and just have the doors and storage bin rack to do, but I have to be happy with what I got done. Next step is to add the pegboard backing and the nailing cleats.