Well last night I used blue painters tape to mask off all the wood and grout the tile field. I’m pretty happy with how everything turned out, although putting down grout with an uneven/carved border made it a bit of a challenge. There are definitely some low spots in the grout, but for me, pretty darned good.
Tonight my son and I used elmers glue to stick felt to the bottom of all the pieces. We cut oversized felt squares, spread the glue with our fingers, and held them with pressure for about a minute or two, then set them aside.
After an hour I went back and used a scissors to trim around the bottoms of the pieces. That worked out exceptionally well.
While the glue was drying I took the board back to the garage, gave it a coat of wax and buffed it. I’ll try to do a glam shoot tomorrow and get it posted before the weekend flurry.
/First blog (went well, I’d say!)