Well last night I used blue painters tape to mask off all the wood and grout the tile field. I’m pretty happy with how everything turned out, although putting down grout with an uneven/carved border made it a bit of a challenge. There are ...
|View Gianni's:||home||workshop||projects (58)||blog (11)||reviews (0)||forum topics (0)||buddies (0)||favorites (58)||activity log|
None so far
212 posts in 915 days
Latest Activity | view all »
|commented on||Trivet||05-14-2015 03:18 AM|
|added project||Cribbage box||04-27-2015 02:53 PM|
|added project||Dove Cross (Easter Project)||04-27-2015 02:50 PM|
|commented on||cribbage board box||03-29-2015 01:13 AM|
|commented on||Kit Guitar||03-23-2015 12:12 PM|
|commented on||Checkmate (first blog project)||03-20-2015 11:10 AM|
|added project||Checkmate (first blog project)||03-19-2015 02:27 PM|
|added blog entry||I'm building an Army #11: Parting Shot||03-05-2015 03:19 AM|
|commented on||I'm building an Army #10: Now where was I?||03-04-2015 11:29 AM|
|added blog entry||I'm building an Army #10: Now where was I?||03-02-2015 04:32 AM|
|commented on||Filigree Crosses||02-22-2015 03:22 AM|
|added blog entry||I'm building an Army #9: and now....||02-09-2015 01:45 AM|
|added blog entry||I'm building an Army #8: Da box||02-08-2015 12:09 PM|
|commented on||I'm building an Army #7: Now where was I?||02-08-2015 11:35 AM|
|added blog entry||I'm building an Army #7: Now where was I?||02-07-2015 03:20 AM|
Latest Projects | view all 58 »
Latest Blog Entries | view all 11 »
Well, I think I was ready to start finishing. I wanted to finish the case before gluing in the board, since I was counting on the finish protecting the wood from the glue and grout. I started with poly, but the sanding in between coats was a bit a...
Dang it! I went back through after posting the final entry and now I see that I forgot to tag this one with the blog header, so it got left out. Now that I tag it, it inserted it at the end. I’ll see if there’s a way to re-order the...
Well, there are plenty of blogs on building a box by people who are much better at it than me, but since this is the first I have attempted with side drawers I will throw out how I chose to cheat. I started by milling down some walnut boards. M...
not much more in the way of progress, but I did get a few things done. To put in the weights, I mixed up some 2-part epoxy and just goobered up the hole, then squished in the weight. I goobered over the top a little to make sure they were held ...