Been a little while, but I’m still working on this.
I built this thing in order to get a very precise and flexible tool. So I needed a new fence to attach to my Incra Ultra. I wanted to be able to mount accessories and auxiliary fences. I went with Baltic Birch, as I have a ton of smaller pieces. I CNC’d the front and back plates, with dado’s and holes for t-nuts. T-Nuts on both sides for attaching auxiliary fences, and T-Nut’s for mounting to the Incra. Also have a hole for the shop vac dust collection fitting. I took it off my old fence. When routing the edge of boards, it get’s about 99% of the dust.
I assembled the fence with glue, and clamped it to my Unisaw table face down, so it’s very flat. Before assembly, I sealed all the plywood edges with epoxy, to minimize the poly soaking in. After two coats, it looks pretty good, but I think I’ll need to spray a final coat to get an even finish all around.
Over the weekend I cut an auxiliary fence, 10” high. After a few coats of poly to seal it, I’ll counterbore the holes on the back for t-nuts to attach featherboards. I also cut some featherboard blanks with slots for adjustability. I’ll put two coats of poly on those before cutting the kerfs on the tablesaw. I made 4, two baltic birch and two from some poplar in the scrap pile. If they don’t work well, I’ll make some from maple or birch.
I still haven’t made the router insert plates, but I’ll definitely glue them up this weekend, and get a router mounted in the next two weeks. Cant wait to start using this.
Didn’t take any pictures during assembly, as I was in a hurry, but have some of the finishing.
-- Gerry, http://g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html