Got the top installed yesterday.
Not happy with the finish, though. But it’ll work. I could have saved a tremendouns amount of time by finishing with epoxy only. Two coats would have probably done it. As it is, i just keep sanding through in spots. But you can’t really tell.
First time I moved the fence, though, the plastic pad the fence slides on scratched it up, due to 15 years of debris embedded in the nylon. So, I took it off, chucked it in the lathe and faced it up so it was nice and clean, and smooth.
Routing the holes to expose the T-Nuts was a little tricky, and no one will notice where I had a little trouble finding them. :-) Now I need to make up some featherboards and a new fence. I’ll get the phenolic for the plate glued up this week, so I can get a router mounted.
Now I need to design a cabinet for blade storage, and table support. Also need to put my miter gauge in there, since I no longer have the clearance to get it on the hanger under the table.
-- Gerry, http://g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html